Tuesday, March 06, 2007

pink, and other things.

For some strange reason - completely unknown to myself I should add - I have this new ah, what shall we call it, appreciation, yeah, appreciation for the colour pink.
Pink has never been amongst my favourite colours, its never been something I wanted to associate myself with, in fact for most of my life I have gone to great lengths to stay as far away from pink as I possibly could.
So, why all of a sudden am I having this pink fetish? It's kind of scary, no, it's definitely scary but I'm not really sure what I should do about it.
My whole computer scheme is now pink, a dark pink mind you, with black undertones. Somewhat less than the standard girly pink, and certainly nothing like the pink that is one of three colours little girls clothes come in. *sighs* I think the prospect of getting married is making me into a 'real' girl, and I can't help but embrace it despite the fact that it goes against so much of who I thought I was. And no, just in case you were wondering, its just not just the pink thing thats making me ponder. It's the dress thing, and the music thing and this development of my inner girlyness, and other things that are hard to put a finger on exactly.
It is scary, but it could be good right? I like the idea that I'm allowing myself to go into this area of colour which before now I had put a mental block against. It's almost like I have finally said to myself - Look, you can be whoever you want to be, don't let the constructs that other people have placed on you tie you down to being the same person you always were. Now is your time to grow and develop and just be, well, whatever the hell you want to be, whoever you want to be.
I did a little writing over the weekend, nothing too taxing. A descriptive challenge someone put forward on the kiwiwriters website. Lots of fun actually and has given me a solid start to a new story idea I have, one in which I think I'm going to write from the male perspective which isn't something I tend to do.
Well, now that I think about it, the gender distribution of my main characters has probably been pretty even, but I definitely feel like I connect more with my female characters. I do like my male characters for the most part, but I guess I find it harder to put a little bit of myself into them.
We're doing a comic challenge this weekend coming so that will be interesting! I haven't drawn anything for a long time, and right now I feel hard pressed to come up with anything even mildly witty. I'll get there though ;-) Always have to give it a shot. I should also get to work on the station challenge as well, another one to tick off the list.
Am feeling more and more into my writing lately, I can't wait until next year when I will be finished study and can put heaps more time into it, then I can really see what I might be capable of. You never know til you try it right?

No comments: