Monday, June 11, 2007

Monday monday

I generally hate Mondays, today doesn't seem to be so bad just yet. In fact I'm feeling rather chipper!
Strange. But I like it. I just did a mad blitz of cleaning around the house with little one before she went to bed for her morning nap, so the place it looking almost acceptable. There are things lying around though and that always annoys me.
Like the old oven, which still hasn't been removed (thanks Dad), the 19inch monitor thats still sitting in the middle of the floor of the computer room (there is just no way to easily store something that size) and the racks of washing all over the house due to the fact that its still raining and our dryer doesn't work (So i guess that makes something else lying around thats annoying, silly dryer). Eventually it will all be gone, at least I keep telling myself that.

My novel is going very well. I'm really enjoying writing it and haven't hit any really big walls just yet, which I expected to, I certainly did with Nanowrimo. Fingers crossed that it won't get hard until after exams, and then I can still squeeze a few thousand words out between now and then.
I'm also actually feeling ok about exams, which is surprising too, but I'm just going to go with it. Why on earth would i want to change feeling ok about them? lol

I had stressed myself out by deciding that I wanted to do my Masters degree, so I undecided it, and we'll just see what happens. I was so stressed I couldn't study, because I knew I not only had to pass but I had to maintain a B/B+ average. Which isn't in itself really out of the question. But, I know I can pass, its just that extra bit on top of it made me incapable of studying, weird situation, so worried about not getting good grades that your incapable of doing the study you'd need to do to get them. Weird how the brain works sometimes.
At least now I have a plan, and I wonder whether I DO really want to do masters. It's a tricky situation, some days i really do, and some days i really just want to write. Obviously the Masters is the more guaranteed way to make a living, I can be a registered Psychologist and work in all kinds of places. But I think I'd rather write. We'll see. I'm leaving it all up the wind. If I'm meant to go through to Masters I will get there one way or another, and if I'm really not up for it, obviously my grades aren't going to be all that hot - either way I'll be doing the best I can with the time I have available (which isn't a lot some days but oh well).

I got some really good feedback from my brother of all people, about my writing. He hadn't even told me he'd read my Nano until the other night and he had some really good things to say about it! He's not the kind to give praise where its not due, so I feel I can take what he said as his honest opinion, and as he put it 'You are so much better than a lot of authors who get published. I mean there are some really bad writers around, and you're not one of them' Very encouraging from him! I think next year will be the year I work on submissions. I need to focus on study still this year, and once thats all done with I can focus on my writing some more.

No comments: