Saturday, June 02, 2007

My eyes they burn!

They do, its true, painful to even be looking at this silly screen but here I am.
Here I am, sitting in front of several open word documents trying to think of things to write.
SoCNoC started yesterday! And I managed to get just over 2k in on my first day, which I thought was quite good considering this nasty sickness is making it very hard to think (or look at my screen for long periods of time) this morning I have managed about 400 words, which isn't so brilliant, and I can only hope that somewhere, sometime, somehow soon my brains going to start working again. I tried chocolate, it didn't help.
So now I am attempting to make notes on reciprocation because I thought maybe that would be easier. After all, you barely have to think when you're making notes so it should work out a little easier - not the case.
Why is it that whenever Ivy is with my mum on a saturday morning I just can't do anything other than slack off? am I really that in need of slack off time? (High probability thats the case, but I choose to ignore that fact).
Rambling isn't going to help.
I think my main problem with my SoCNoC piece at the moment is that, this dragon showed up. Now, I have been aware of this dragon for a very long time, but just now he decided to put his tail into things and insist that he play a part in this new novel. Fair enough, he's been waiting for the right story and apparently here it is. Whats difficult is that I've prepped for a story that doesn't involve a dragon.... and basically, the story was going to take up my 50K words and it would be all good. I think now though, things have changed quite a lot, and the story will be a lot bigger than what i had initially imagined. And I almost can't be bothered writing the first half because I know what happens there, and I want to get into the stuff that I don't know so much about just yet.... It doesn't work like that though... I know... Ok. back to writing, for real.

No comments: