Friday, February 29, 2008

March is nearly here!

And it is going to have to be a big one - I signed up for NaNoEdMo a couple days ago which requires 50 hours of editing on your novel. It's a pretty big number, but I am well aware that I really need to get to work and get this done and am hoping that this will help to spur me on in a mad dash towards completion come the end of March.
Aside from this, I also, much earlier, had signed up for the March Fantasy Madness challenge over at Kiwiwriters. And I want to do that as well - we'll see how this pans out. My original plan was to have all my editing done by now, but the reality is that the wedding, pre and post, took up a lot more of my time and resoures than I ever imagined that it would. I've been quite sick, tired, trying to re-energize, but finding it hard to focus in on what needs to be done with the writing side of my life.
The editing was meant to be done. I was going to do that 10k in the first two weeks of March to kick start me back into the WIP, and all was going to be well, I was hoping to have the first draft finished by the end of March so that I could get into Script Frenzy come April.
It would have to be a hugely productive month in order for both the editing of one novel and the first draft of another to be complete.
So we'll see how it goes... lol, there is very little else going on in my life right now so it should be fine. But then, it's easy to say that now, and very easy for things to come up which get in the way - must focus, must try my best, and get myself back on track. If it comes to it I will once again flag Script Frenzy, though I was sad to miss out on it last year and feel ready to write the script that I have been wanting to since I did a paper on script writing, I wasn't brave enough to make it an assignment though because I wasn't sure I could pull it off well enough to get a good grade. It needs to be written though, if not this year, then next I guess.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You so have to do scriptfrenzy. I had so much fun last year. Keep in mind though that writing a script is much different than a novel. (I actually think in some ways it is easier)

J.C. Hart said...

Yeah it is definitely easier. I have had plenty of practice, and I know what I want to write - just feel like maybe I should finish some things before I start new projects. That said it's only one month right? lol Oh I am so easily tempted...