Thursday, May 01, 2008

A great day

So, we had our 12 weeks scan today. According to this one I'm 12 weeks as of today which is four days different than the first scan - not that it really matters! The baby will come when it's ready to come lol.
Everything is developing in the right place in the right way which is excellent, the woman doing the scan even used the words 'perfect' and 'lovely' on several occasions which was nice. Once again it was totally amazing to see it up there on the screen, so much bigger and more developed than the last time I saw it. It was wriggling around which hammered home just how real this really is - it's in there, growing and wriggling and developing. Stunning. So we got to see it's face (which didn't really look very facelike, the scans are pretty grainy), it's arms and hands, it's wee feet kicking about, it's lovely spine, it's thumping heart and the two sides of its brain even. All there - woohoo! lol
And here is a pic, if you can't make it out it's the length of the baby on it's back, head to the right, tush to the left.


And in other news I'm editing! wooohoo, it feels good. I'll have to look around and see if there is anywhere I might be able to submit my novella too, I definitely want to get it out there.

No comments: