Tuesday, May 06, 2008

mountain trip

So, I got up this morning and it was a beautiful day. I looked at the mountain and thought 'ya know, there looks like there is a lot of snow up there, maybe it's down far enough for us'. So we went. Spur of the moment trip, it was an excellent way to spend a morning and I'll definitely be getting Ivy out and about like that again as often as possible in the coming months. She is finally at the age where she can walk for reasonable distances by herself and she is actually quite interested in the world around her.


So this is a shot of the mountain, taken just up the road from our house. It's pretty stunning in general, and a sight I always missed when I wasn't living here. I mean, even when you can't see it you always know it's there and there's something reassuring and secure about that.



Here is the top bit of the mountain from the carpark, a few clouds, lots of snow, it was so nice! Bit chilly but no worse than down lower.



Ivy having a rest at a memorial monument along the path.



And just a random photo! I love the way broken branches look, there are lots of beautiful things in the bush and it's just a shame that my battery died not long after this one. I hope I can manage to instill a sense of wonder in my children about nature, there are so many beautiful and wondrous things in the world and I find it sad that so many people don't take the time to make the most of their surroundings.

1 comment:

Kerryn Angell said...

Great photos! The mountain looks gorgeous and Ivy looks so cute. That makes me appreciate the cold a little more. :)