Monday, May 26, 2008

zomg

Two posts in one day - I must be feeling good.
Well, I have successfully (already) completed the SoCNoC 7 Day Prep Challenge, yeah I know it was meant to last 7 days but I just got so excited I carried on and kept on prepping.
I have a story idea. It's not anything that I was thinking about, it's nothing that has ever crossed my mind before and I can't even begin to think of how I came up with it - but I like it, I'm excited by it, I'm interested in it, and that's the main thing!
And it's not really fantasy!!! Yay!! It'll be interesting to see if I can actually write it how it's coming together in my head. There is more of the story briefly outlined than possibly ever before. Well, actually I guess that's a lie, I'm getting better at thinking ahead and having places to go with my stories and still being able to write them. I don't know how it's going to conclude, I have no idea who the unknown figure in the story is going to be, and there are some definite things that need to be worked out - which is fine by me, I need some mysteries and I'm confident in my ability to find the answers out along the way. Anything that I brush over on this first draft can always be sorted out along the way.
So it's based in the real world, with typical people, for the most part - I had every intention of it being pretty general fiction, but I like having little twists, it's more interesting. So it's not fantasy, I don't even think I'd consider it urban fantasy, it's some kind of supernatural, but not too spooky or anything, and I don't think there will be any deaths in this one (wow that has got to be a first...), I think there might even be some comedy!
It has what I love most of all though, some interesting characters who are learning lots about themselves and having loads of issues along the way. Life is never always simple or easy, so I'm having fun thinking of all the things I can throw at my characters and see how they handle them - nothing is arbitrary tho. I'm not just gonna throw them into a whirlwind for the hell of it, it's all related to each characters needs and situation and thats the beauty of it. Oh my new friends, how will we fare along the way? Who will you be by the time we reach the end of your story? I am looking forward to finding out, and can only hope I do you justice.

No comments: