Monday, May 19, 2008

a week without blogging

Goes by pretty quickly really!
It's been busy. Still packing, sorting, throwing things out, still very tired, but we're getting there slowly. There are now only 6 days til the move, and that seems a little surreal, almost like it's not really happening despite all the work we've been putting in to make it so. I was visiting my sister in law yesterday (their house is the one we're moving into) and it hit me that we're actually going to be living there - I think it's the first time I've actually thought about that aspect of it!
So I'll be leaving this place a little sad, a lot has happened here. I wrote my first grown up novels, we got engaged here, conceived our first child, and it is the first place that Simon, Ivy and I made a home for ourselves.
So, thank you house, for everything, I hope whoever comes to live here after us appreciates you in the way that I do, and that you can facilitate as many great moments for them as you have for us. It's been a blast, and while I won't miss the outward aspects of yourself, I'll miss the safety and tranquil feeling of your inner self.

I have slacked on the writing front again, but to be honest I've only had the energy to work towards the move, I feel brain dead half of the day at least and have been sleeping every afternoon again. That's ok though. Soon this will all be done, and I'll have some spare energy again, I'm really looking forward to June despite the fact that I still have no idea what I am going to write. Little flashes of ideas have been coming to me, but nothings sticking so far and I'll be truly interested to see what comes out when I put fingers to keyboard on June 1.

Oh and my final note for this post: next scan is booked for the 27th June, just under 5 weeks and hopefully we'll be able to know whether we're having a girl or a boy. Nervous, excited, impatient. Each friday will see me mentally scratching another week off.

No comments: