Saturday, May 31, 2008

tomorrow is June!! tomorrow is June!!

I feel all giggly and school girlish this morning, TOMORROW IS JUNE!!! Tomorrow SoCNoC begins!!!
And I may even stay up for kick off - we'll have to see how we go. I can tell I am going to be thinking about this all day though regardless lol and that I'll be switching on my computer and starting to write first thing in the morning (after getting Ivy her breakfast of course).
I need a big start, a good, solid start to get me moving. But I am excited and that's the main thing!
There is a lot to be excited about.
I am feeling much more energized of late - I had feared that I would never have energy again, early pregnancy was that tiring. But they were all right, those people who said to me 'Just wait, once you're into that second trimester you'll feel heaps better.' I waited, and hoped, and am happy to report that it was all true :-) I'm so relieved, as it was virtually impossible to get anything much done before now and I am pretty sure I can pull through this 50K challenge now.
Tonight is my Nana's 80th birthday party, and I am strangely looking forward to that as well (what has gotten into me! lol). I've been getting quite anxious about the large number of people who are going to be there, and the fact that I know they are all going to be checking my belly out for a baby bump, and that if they decide they see one they are likely to want to touch it. Don't you think that's a little creepy? lol I know people like to touch bumps, but mines not that big, not big enough to be an eye catcher yet and it just seems a little weird to me - but obviously, something I am just going to have to get used to. As Mum said to me last night, it's their baby too as far as they are concerned lol. Well it's MY baby, but I can learn to share ;-)
Oh and I thought of a name, and I really like it. But I'm not going to mention it here, yet. I have to convince Simon that he likes it as well ;-) Mum likes it (first name she has actually really approved of that I've come up with), I love it, it's sticking more than anything else so far, it feels like it fits (oh and it's unisex, in case you were wondering). I'm trying really really hard not to think of this as being the baby's name, not to start calling it by it's name in my head or in those quiet moments when it's just the two of us, but it's hard not to! lol being pregnant has made me even sillier than normal sometimes I feel.

Oh well. Back to the real business, the business of writing. My main character is female this time around, she's almost 18, comes from a large eccentric family and her name is Roma, well, it is for now anyways. She's gone through three name changes so far but Roma seems to be sticking as well. The story should be a lot of fun to write, I can't wait to get started. I've decided lately to opt for things which are just plain fun to write as it seems to flow a lot easier. My novella in January was the most fun I've had writing in a long time and that came out of me so quickly and painlessly that it was a stunning feeling. And I still love it, even now, months after it was given birth.
Writing can be hard work, but for now, I need it to be easy as there are other things going on in life. The first draft at least, should be fun. And I want to get it out onto the paper and not have it dragging it's feet, not wanting to get out of my head and onto the page. It's super important for me to have a successful 50K challenge under my belt again to prove that I can still do it. Once I prove that to myself again I think my confidence will come back, my writer's confidence anyways.
I've also started compiling a list of places to submit to for the rejection collecting challenge and am still strangely excited by that. It's going to be a good few months, I can just tell, and having all these writing related projects lined up is going to help me get through all the months there are til November and this baby makes its arrival.

No comments: