Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Death comes to all

thats what they say.
it came to a girl I knew yesterday, she died in her sleep during the night. Apparently she woke, took two breaths and then just died. Her partner was there beside her, he tried to get her to breath again, the ambulance tried as well but no one could. No cause is known. How scary is that, to know that someone just died in their sleep, she was only 27, I'm going to be 27 soon. What can cause someone to just pass over like that with no apparent reason?
A friend called me last night to tell me. I was so stunned, it was just as I had been going to bed myself, though it was during the night before that she had passed. I lay in bed after getting off the phone, wondering how that must have felt. To be asleep, to wake and then for everything to just disappear. Did she know that those two breaths were the last she was going to breathe? Did they taste differently? Did she have any idea? Was she afraid of what was to come? Had she been dreaming anything in those last minutes?
I didn't know her well enough to call her my friend, but I have known her for several years. And she was a vibrant person, a lot of fun to be around when I did see her at our mutual friends parties and other occasions. She always had this way of including me, which I always really appreciated. She was going to come to my wedding with my friend, and now she can't.
Peace be Ella, you will be missed.

1 comment:

Kerryn Angell said...

I am so sorry. That's a horrible shock. Only 27? and just like that? That's just so, so horrible.