Thursday, October 18, 2007

final assignment complete

Hooray! It feels like such a relief, to finally have it done. Home stretch to read all the final parts of the text books and get into actual exam prep.
It seems further away now, Nov 1. But I know it's not, it's just that there is one less thing for me to do now.
We're off to Rotorua for the weekend for Simon's parents 25th wedding anniversary. I'm going to need to spend some good chunks of the weekend in study, but that's ok, I am sure they will understand - they'll have to, I don't have another options, there is no extra time I can just create for catching up.
I hope Ivy travels ok, she didn't enjoy the trip much last time, and I can't say I blame her, so hopefully this time will go a little better - by the trip I mean the actual driving part, the rest of it was fine.
So, I realise I just said that Nov 1 seems further away now - funnily enough other things are seeming closer.
I get to start thinking about my novel after my first four exams, and thats pretty exciting - I think I am going to have to hold off starting Nano til the evening of the 6th, it's the smart thing to do, and I can catch up, I've proven before that I am capable.
My cousins wedding is on the 1st of December - I still have to arrange accommodation, a gift, something to wear (I better buy some shoes!), then there are Christmas gifts to organise, Christmas day to make arrangements for.
After exams I need to contact our celebrant so we can start organising our wedding ceremony, write our vows, that kind of thing - and I am sure there are many other wedding related things that are going to start needing to be organised as well.
And I need to get a massage, after exams again. My body is so achey and sore from being stressed for so long, I know it will make me sick, but it needs to be done. Oh and a hair cut, and get my eyelashes tinted to see how it looks to decide whether I will get that done for the wedding or not - I'm a cryer, lol I really don't want make up running all over the place on the day
Maybe I'll make a list, lists are fun!

2 comments:

Kerryn Angell said...

You sound so like me!! Christmas seems so close but then there are so many things to do before now and then that it seems like ages away.

I like the new look to the blog. Very pretty. :)

Marie said...

Exams are rather uniquely evil, aren't they? Mind you, I seem to be a bit better off than you - I'll be able to start my NaNo on the evening of the 5th!