Saturday, October 27, 2007

exam prep

has stolen my brain...
It really feels like that at times. I'll have been studying hard and someone will say something to me and I just can't understand the words coming out of their mouth. Someone said vengeful to me and i heard ventral. The brain, oh my the brain... I'm thinking it, but I don't actually believe I'll remember it on the day, there are just so many names to remember, and locations, and purposes, and actions. Bleh. My wonderful fiance has told me not to stress too much, if i fail this one paper I shouldn't worry about it - I only took it cause it was the only paper that fit in with the rest of my year, I could take one next year and that would be fine. It's nice to have little reassurances like this, makes me feel less like I might break if I fail. I mean, I haven't failed anything before at uni, so fingers crossed I will scrape through this time.

I got back a copy of my SoCNoc that I emailed down to a friend in welli, he printed it off, bound it up and went through scrawling comments every where, it's fantastic! What's even better is that his girlfriend went through and did the same, so I have not one but TWO sets of comments! Their feedback was exactly what I was looking for, it's so helpful, pin points all the little changes that need to be made, consistency errors, little plot problems and confirmed that there is a lot more that needs to go into the story. I think it's going to grow in a big way with a rewrite, VERY exciting! But I have to write part 2 before then. So I have been making notes on all the things I have thought of for book 1 so that I can slot them into book 2 hopefully.

Anyways... grumpy child is demanding I go and do something...

1 comment:

Marie said...

That's fantastic about the crit thing - it's great that you've got someone (several someones!) who are happy to take the time to read over your novel. Maybe I should try that if I ever finish something decently long...