Thursday, December 20, 2007

Dead tired.

I feel like I have been taking sedatives or something, I am just so tired all the time, and have been for a couple days now. Technically I should be getting enough sleep, but I can't seem to sleep right through the night anymore. I wake up from dreams, I wake up because I'm in pain, I wake up because I am too hot or too cold. Or I wake up because it's just after 5 and all the birds are singing which makes my cats want to go outside - and trust me, every night I search the house for them and see no cats inside before I lock the door, and every morning between 5 and 530 1-2 cats come meowing at my pillow, and never at the same time. I really have got to find their new hiding places.
So after getting up to let two cats out on two separate occasions, the fact that it is actually really quite light at 530, and those damn noisy birds mean that quite often I cannot go back to sleep, no matter how hard I try. And if I do manage to get back to sleep, I wake up again at 630 when Simon's alarm goes off, which just so happens to coincide with the time at which Ivy starts calling my name.
I am really looking forward to the end of daylight savings. 5am is not a good time to be woken up, nor is 530, and while 630 is bearable is it much less so after having been awake so many times through the night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Henry, my cat, wakes me up without fail at 6 in the morning. But he has the courtesy to let me just lay in bed as long as I am up and at the computer by 7:30 to write. He used to wake me up at 4 every morning, but learned quickly that if I wake up then Matthew wakes up and it's not a good thing to wake Matthew up if he hasn't gotten enough sleep... :)
At least this way, I am almost getting up at same time that Matthew does when he gets ready for work.
I completely empathize with you about being tired.