Monday, December 17, 2007

Jingle bells, jingle bells...

no what fast da mystery (empty space, empty space, empty space) HEY!
This is my child's version of the song.
I cannot count how many times I sang the correct words for her tonight trying to get her to change them over, the best i could do was getting her to sing oh what fast da mystery..... oh what fun hunny, oh what fun it is to ride.... she's not even worrying about the one horse open sleigh bit, just waiting the right amount of time and then shouting HEY! which is obviously the most important part of the song anyways, who cares about the actual lyrics! I keep telling myself its all good, at the very least it's hugely amusing seeing what she comes up with. It made me remember just how long it took her to move from up-a up-a world to up above the world in twinkle twinkle little star (months and months of her declaring she had it right and we were wrong), at least in this case we only sing carols for the month and by the time they roll around next year she will be set.
She is a gem, lol and it is so nice not to have many other things distracting me from her. The world is a beautiful place when viewed through the eyes of an almost three year old.
I don't want to share her this xmas. It's hit me pretty hard really, I have been fine with it for the last two, though less fine last year, it's just this one is so much worse, I don't want to do it. I wish I was her age and I could just throw a tantrum about it but I have to be an adult and suck it up. I have to accept that she has other family that want to see her, and that we are in some ways obliged to make that happen. I have to accept that once again I only get to have her for half the day - at least we get her for the morning and lunch, finally this year we can have a real christmas morning where we sit around and open presents and her face lights up and there are kodak moments every where you look. I missed that last year - it feels pointless without her, empty. I think I will have a hard time not crying when we go to drop her off after lunch. Hopefully I can wait until we're back in the car and out on the road where her other family won't see me, won't judge me for feeling the way that I do.

In other much brighter news my brother called me tonight and he asked Simon and I to be Jaspar's anti-god parents. How cool is that?? I am so thrilled, I said yes on the spot and then decided I better check that Simon was happy with that as well, which of course he is. It is such an honor, I was secretly hoping that they would pick us, and they did which is just so great. So so so happy about it. He's already gotten really long, and he is still just so beautiful, I love having cuddles with him and it has definitely made me want one of my own even more. Not long to go now before we can start that process. Not long now until the wedding....

Have done more work on that side of things as well, things are being ticked off the list and that is keeping me feeling organized for the most part. I have a list of things to do this week which includes having a crack at writing vows - on top of writing a short Christmas piece for the kiwiwriters challenge, and putting more words into my WIP, it's moving forwards fairly steadily which is keeping me happy. I wish I had more time to put into it, but I am so stretched lately, I barely seem to get time to sit down and think let alone get the space I need to write. Ah well, I am not going to run out of days any time soon I think, it will get written.
I gave the piece I wrote for SoCNoC to my brother yesterday and he is going to read through and make his set of notes on the copy which will leave me with three sets of feedback in the same place, one or two more and I'll be ready to go through it again, though that has to wait until after I edit/rewrite my 2006 nano... the list of things to do/write is not getting any shorter! all the while new ideas are being stockpiled and dwelled on.

3 comments:

Andrew Chilton said...

Hope you have an excellent Christmas even if you do only get the little one for the morning. Just make the most of it :-)

As for that list of things to do, it's better than not having a list at all! Just work your way through it at your pace. You may never hit the end, but life is a journey, not a destination (or so they tell me).

Anonymous said...

I remember all the planning that went into my wedding (in March I celebrate my 4th anniversary) and how exhausting and exciting it was. Thankfully we chose not to write our own vows-I don't think I could have gotten through ceremony with a dry face if I had to write my own vows. As it was I had to squelch the urge to giggle through the entire thing. :)

Are you planning everything yourself for the event? I found that my biggest help came from my maid of honor, who took her duties rather seriously when it came to making sure that I didn't stress out during the planning stages and the actual event.

J.C. Hart said...

Pretty much doing all the planning myself with input from Simon and family/friends. He is good at picking things when presented with options, not so great at coming up with the ideas lol which works great for me as I present him with only the ideas I like and he picks, we both win!