Monday, December 24, 2007

One more sleep.

So I am now officially ready, technically. All the baking is done, all the presents are wrapped, all the food has been obtained and is ready to go for tomorrow. The plans are made and our day goes a little something like this.
7am: wake up and get organized.
730am: call Dad and make sure they are awake.
745am: arrive at Dads, do the present opening thing with Dad, Sandra, Sam, Paula-Lee, Jaspar, Rebecca and Simon.
9am: arrive at Simon's folks motel room, more present opening.
11am: either get to the beach if its fine, or go to indoor location if not for lunch with Simon's folks, Mum, John, Sam, Paula-Lee and Jaspar.
1pm: start getting organized to head out to Waitara for Ivy drop off.
3pm: make it back home, shove the turkey in to roast along with all the veges etc - sit down, have a beer and cook.
6pm: back to hotel room for dinner with Simon's folks.
8pm: head back out to Waitara to pick up very tired Ivy who hasn't had a nap and is hyper on sugar who will no doubt crash out in the car on the way home.
845pm: back home, child in bed, sit for five minutes, kiss Simon goodbye and make my way back to Dad's house for obligatory Christmas drink.
930pm: hopefully get home again and sleep.

Man, I am tired just thinking about that... Oh well, gotta be done. Spoke with brother who suggested that we offer to host xmas breakfast next year - combined thing, potluck, EVERYONE comes from our immediate and immediate step family to my brothers or our house, taking the responsibility off our folks and allowing us to have just one xmas event with minimal stress. Lets hope that they agree to that! it would be nice! we're going to work on the 'xmas is for the kids' angle, and suggest that having everyone in one location for a couple of hours is better than shifting the kids to multiple locations throughout the day.

On another note, my brothers mother in law has just finished reading last years nano - I had no idea she had borrowed it off them! apparently she read it in two days and couldn't put it down, so thats certainly a nice thing to hear, and a really good point at which to hear it. Fires me up to finish my WIP so that I can get into rewriting/editing that piece and get it ready for submission.
I decided to use that one for the Publish a Book 2008 challenge over on the kiwiwriters site for several reasons. The first being that it was written over a year ago now, and it's been almost a year since I even looked at it - I love that I have so much distance from it now, and 1.5 other novels under my belt which means a little more experience. Hopefully this means I will be able to get a fresh view on it, and incorporate all the suggestions that have been given to me about it during the last year - I am pretty sure I remember all the important ones. And aside from that come up with suggestions of my own.
Also I have had lots of good feedback about it, so I know it's a good story, which is what people want to read so maybe there is a glimmer of hope.

Anyways, better get going, have to go back to the motel shortly and start thinking about dinner.

Hope everyone has an awesome Christmas tomorrow!

No comments: