Wednesday, December 12, 2007

wow...

It is so close to the end of the year now... I am having a hard time believing it.
Yesterday someone told me about a concert they were going to on the 28th, and I was thinking, wow thats like a whole month away, but its just a few weeks now. Tomorrow I turn 27, you'd think that I'd remember it was December seeing as I know it's almost my birthday.
I got ID'd the other night when I was buying a bottle of wine. Almost 27 and still getting ID'd, it's nice to know that some people don't think I look my age.
I've not been doing a whole lot lately. Even less than before. Every time I think I am ready to get back into things it turns out that I am just not. I have been reading a lot more again which is really nice, and have been asking people for book vouchers for my birthday so I can go and buy some new ones. Someone said that was boring... I pointed out that it's been two years since I have read for pleasure. Someone else suggested the library and I informed him that sometimes there are books you just want to read, and sometimes there are books you want to own. I want some of those... the books I have in mind are the second and third in the Shaman's Crossing series by Robin Hobb. I managed to read the first one at some point this year (after owning it for more than 6 months), and as an avid fan of Hobb I intend to own as many of her books as possible. So, fingers crossed for book vouchers! lol maybe I really am boring.
On another note, finally starting to get some more wedding things organized. It will be two months to go on Saturday, every day brings us closer and there seems to be an infinite list of 'things to do'. My Dad found what he considers to be the perfect wedding night accommodation though so that is all booked, not just for Saturday but Sunday night as well! How cool!! I thought that was very exciting, we get to go in at 12 to get ready out there, it'll be nice to be away from the mess of home, and all the animals, and just not have to worry about things. Plus because it's a downstairs upstairs there will be plenty of room for all the people who will no doubt be out there over the weekend helping with one thing or another.
When I think about experiencing the day I get excited. I can't wait to get dressed with my mum and all my best girls out there with me. I can't wait to see Simon when he's all ready, I'm even looking forward to all the photos before hand. I am so looking forward to exchanging vows, and digging into our spit roast dinner, to having some kind of dance with Simon, and just being married to him, I am looking forward to laughing a lot, and being so happy because I know Ivy will be having the most amazing day, looking like a little princess, having everyone adore her and dancing until she passes out (or near enough, I know she is not going to want to leave until everything is over, so we will have to see how it goes).
When I think about all the things that need to be done before the wedding.... it's a totally different feeling lol, exciting does not enter into that list of describers. It all has to be done though! I just hope it all pans out as well as I would like it to, that everyone has the kind of day intended.

2 comments:

Kerryn Angell said...

Happy Birthday! One Burgess Hill looks gorgeous. I know what you mean about your wedding. I've been writing Christmas Cards and putting our Save the Date cards in them. Next year the organising will get so busy and anticipation for the day, just experiencing it and being marries. *grin*

Andrew Chilton said...

Happy birthday! Hope you had a good one. It's mine on Sunday so I'm almost exactly 5 years older than you. However, I can't remember the last time I was ID'ed.