Monday, December 31, 2007

last post of the year

Well, unless I get really enthusiastic later this evening ;-)
It's been one hell of a year, it really has. Hard in so many ways, but good in many others. I completed my degree and thats my big success of the year. Next year I hope to have many more successes, some of which are givens but still I feel I can think of as accomplishments.
So, I don't generally do resolutions, I never stick to them, it's always a matter of days before they are forgotten or abandoned. Instead I think I will list the things which I will aim for, and hopefully be able to tick most of them off.

Get married.
Get pregnant.
Get published in some way/shape/form.
Graduate.
Clean up our living space, un-junk it, minimize the things we don't need.
Bring some of the images in my head to life via photography/paint/pencil/other media.
Edit two novels.
Organize my short stories and poetry so that I know exactly what I have and where it is/what state it is in.
Learn Te Reo.
Play my Saxophone more (relearn... lol it's been awhile).
Finish painting the kitchen so that I can begin painting the bedrooms....

I think thats enough for now. I would love to add 'move into a new house' to the list but realistically it's not likely to happen any time soon. I'll just have to focus on beautifying where we live now. Dad is putting down new carpet in their downstairs rooms which means we are inheriting the carpet that is already there, it's a lot newer than ours and will hopefully fit both Ivy's room and ours as well. I decided to buy some new curtains for our room as well, being that ours are so flimsy I often wake up very early because it's so light in there. Simon can sleep with the covers over his head but I just can't! I figure once there is a fresh coat of paint, some newer carpet and new curtains the room is actually going to look pretty impressive.
It kind of sucks because I have become increasingly home oriented, I keep having these ideas for things we could do to make it all nicer but it's all pretty pointless when I know at some point we're going to move to somewhere different. I guess I will just have to bottle the ideas until we have a space to call our own.

And in other news... I began writing in earnest again last night and managed to pump out 1.5k in an hour and a half or so which made me pretty happy. Feel like I am getting back on track with the WIP though know that it's likely to be put on hold once again for the New Year Novella. Either that or I am going to attempt to write both at the same time, which could be tricky. I don't want bits of one trickling into the other, but I also don't really want to stop working on the WIP again just yet - my ultimate goal is to have both the 20K's complete, and the WIP first draft complete by the end of January, which would mean writing around 50K in the month but we all know that it CAN be done.
There is the wedding to think about as well though, and still lots of planning and organizing to go there, so I won't be disappointed if the WIP isn't finished, though I know the other challenge will be complete.
I just want to be clear of everything in progress by the end of Feb so that I can launch into some serious editing/rewriting on the novel which is going to be submitted this year for the publish a book challenge...
hehe 2008 already sounds very busy!!!
I feel so excited about it, I can just feel that it's going to be a big year for me and that is so fantastic. Bring it on!!

No comments: