Tuesday, January 08, 2008

one of those 'wohoo!!' days

It's been a great day, it really has. I mean, it started out with me being grumpy and annoyed by everything (most of all the flies who think that our house is a good place to locate themselves), but it has gotten steadily better.
Ivy and I had an awesome supermarket trip, and then I had a productive writing spell while she had her nap (productive for daytime hours, i have decided I am definitely a night time first draft writer). After that we had some lunch and then did some face painting, I'm still learning! Ivy had fun doing mine tho... I never quite know just how much I should trust her with the brush and my face though hehe.





After that I was called and had a phone interview for a job, which was really cool, and it went really well!! He seemed pretty impressed with me and said he'd be putting a recommendation forward and I should get a call tomorrow re: an interview - scary!! So it's not the dream job, but it sounds like it could be a job that fits in with my priorities and thats the most important thing to me right now, mainly being a mum and working on my writing.
I just got off the phone with my Mum, who got on my case again about getting the first novel I wrote out there and published, lol it's funny how some people seem to think it's so easy! I guess it might be, I haven't tried so I wouldn't know. Soon tho, very soon. I'm committed to finishing my Novella first, and then hopefully hammering out the rest of my novel WIP before the wedding, though Tama suggested that I put that aside and pick it back up for SoCNoC. It's a good idea, but I'm not sure just yet... I think I want to see how much I can get out by the end of the month. We'll see!!!
Anyways, she told me that my brother had started my SoCNoC novel, and that he and my sister in law were fighting over who got to read it first, that she has to wait until he goes to work before she can get into it and that they are really enjoying it!! All wonderful things, I am so happy!! Unfortunately they didn't answer the phone so I couldn't confirm... ah well! I'm probably buzzing enough as it is for one day anyways, should save some for another day definitely.

No comments: