Thursday, January 03, 2008

*insert title here*

Ya know, I really don't like coming up with things to use as titles.
Today nothing strikes me at all, there is nothing stand out, nothing major going on. I just felt like blogging.
I've been writing like mad, literally, like mad, at least it feels that way. Going from not doing a lot of writing at all to getting out like 4K on the 1st and 3.5K on the 2nd. I wonder what today will have in store for me?
I didn't think I was going to write that much yesterday, but there I was, til midnight or just after, awake, at the keyboard, typing.... I'm tired because I keep going to bed late and getting up early but I can't seem to sleep until enough of this story has found it's way out of my head and into my document.
Which is weird, because, I don't feel particularly attached to the story. I don't think it's fantastic, it's a lot of rambling from my main character at the moment and I am going to have to kick things up a notch soon and have some really crazy stuff happen if the ending is going to be pulled off successfully. There is not enough of the darkness creeping in yet and at 8K, where I am now, that simply is not good enough... (She says when there has been an almost murder, a man hit with a baseball bat and left on the sidewalk and an entire building burning down...) Those things weren't intense enough though and maybe my main character is just far too easy going for this to be the kind of story that I thought it would be. Soon tho, other things are going to start happening...
Ah well, it's really nice to be able to just write, without thinking about anything else - I mean, my Nano last year was the second part of something, so I was spending a lot of time thinking about what I was writing, what the last lot of writing was like and dwelling on the expectations of the people who had read the first bit and were waiting for the second.... I am pretty sure that after this novella I'm not going to care about those things, I'll just be able to sit down and get the story down.
There are other things to do ya know?
I emailed off one job application last night, and will do the other today. Feeling less nervous about that now, if I don't get either thats fine, we're not desperate for the money anyways it would just be nice to have some that is mine. And I think it would be nice to spend a few hours a week working out in the world rather than here in my head, on the laptop, or with my little girl.
She's going to be 3 next month... wow. growing up so fast. She told me she didn't want a birthday, she didn't want to get older - for some reason she thought that when she turned 3 she wouldn't get anymore cuddles. hehe kids. I told her no hunny, it doesn't matter how old you are you'll always get all the cuddles you want from me. So now shes talking about her cake non stop.... i think we'll do a BYO beach BBQ thing, the kids can run around and have a great time, and the adults can enjoy the sun and the view. With the wedding the week after it's not like we'll have the time or money for something more labor intensive.
Anyway, I should sign off, and go and do some painting with her. She's just finishing her breakfast so she will almost be ready to get into that.
It's another beautiful day, really, stunning.
*Note to self* please don't spend all day inside writing....maybe take the laptop out onto the deck for 20 minute intervals? lol

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hehe.I actually had to move my laptop to get anything written after spending so much time on the couch in November writing. I'd go outside but it is downright freezing outside at the moment.