Thursday, January 31, 2008

where did January go?

It was devoured by the Novella and wedding plans, that is where it went.
Feels so weird to think that tomorrow is the first day of Feb, bringing us to two weeks before the wedding gets into motion. Two weeks from tomorrow we'll be setting up the venue, and welcoming guests in from out of town, finalizing all the details and we'll be almost ready for the wedding.
I have been so very stressed about it before now, until today anyways. Stressed to the point where it was taking me longer than an hour to get to sleep at night, so usually I wasn't asleep until after midnight. And you just can't function when you are over thinking that bad, stressed to the point where you are unable to make any movement.
I finally got a good nights sleep though, makes a world of difference. And then today the good things started happening. My cousin Tracey called me from Australia and told me she'd bought me a gift voucher at the mineral pools for a half hour private spa for me and then a one hour massage. It's just the sweetest thing she could do, I will so need it before the wedding lol, so it will probably be next week. And then my Dad rang to tell me that my uncle Greg from Australia had offered to video the wedding for us and edit it all up onto a DVD. How cool is that? there is no way we could have afforded to pay someone to do it, so it's an awesome gift for them to give.
So yes, feeling very blessed, and back in the wedding mood.

1 comment:

Andrew Chilton said...

I'm the same. If I'm thinking about something too hard, I can't sleep either. Hope it all goes well with just a couple of weeks remaining.