Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Tuesday

Yeah, feeling un-imaginative on the title front again...
I can hardly believe it's tuesday already, time seems to be going by pretty fast at the moment and I really don't feel like I am getting anything done.
No editing this week (well, I started a little tonight but I haven't made much progress, I don't think it counts). No new writing done this week. No reading done this week - feeling a bit bad about all of that but I was feeling quite off Sunday/Monday and have only just started to come right today, and even then, it was a little touch and go.
Browsing through the junk mail made me motivated - I saw some laptops, I so want a new laptop. SO tomorrow, come rain or shine, I am going to be here sitting at my crusty old laptop editing. I'm looking forward to it.
My Monday afternoon was filled with appointments. I had my eyes checked and got new contacts, I went and exercised, and I met with the florist who is doing all the flowers for the wedding. Everything seems to be under control there, she seems so confident with what she has planned that even though I wasn't sure about what I wanted I couldn't help but believe she will do a wonderful job on it. I sometimes wish I had a better idea about what I wanted, it would help. I'm about 80% sure I'll be happy with what she is going to do. She knows better than I, she is the professional and I am choosing to have some faith there.
I think all the wedding stuff is coming together. I started making the beaded sandals for myself and the girls, well, I have done Ivy's pair, so now just to do Paula-Lee's and my own. I made my earrings, I have drawn up a couple of designs for necklaces, one of which is almost completed, and the other which I'll have a play around with tomorrow. I think I'll end up making 3 or 4, and then getting some opinions about which will work best. It's hard though, tying everything in, have never made a complete set of jewelry before so it's an interesting process for me. While I want it to be a little bit different, I still want it to tie in with the wedding dress and not look out of place - less is probably more in this situation so the beads I'm using are very subtle. Will probably throw a bracelet together tomorrow, though I may or may not wear it yet.
I made a flower pendant out of paua shell which someone can wear, probably Ivy, not sure yet... lol wait til closer to the day, still have to find something to hang it from though I am sure I'll figure it out soon enough.
Someone told me I was being silly trying to make the jewelry, but its a fun process, another creative outlet I guess and because it's time consuming and quite focused work threading beads onto various kinds of threads it kind of numbs the mind and puts you into a zone where you don't actually have to think about anything and right about now thats a nice thing to be able to do. An hour here and my mind blanks out on wedding stuff is a blessing!
Nothing else new really, just ticking along. 25 days til the wedding now.... 16 days til Ivy's birthday. Must get into planning that as well!!
Oh I have made arrangements to have some different photos done a couple weeks after the wedding, a la Trash the Dress style. I think it'll be a blast! I have a couple good friends who take beautiful photos, and once I have them I can manipulate them to my hearts content. More fun things to play with and keep me occupied once this wedding is gone and I don't have anything to plan/stress about - well, other than editing and submitting my first novel!!!

No comments: