Sunday, January 13, 2008

Sunday

Well I had my hens night last night and it was a lot of fun. I think I was one of the less drunk people thankfully!!! There were a couple girls who were definitely in for big hangovers the next day. I'd been feeling off all day prior to the event, so that didn't help a lot. I felt alright this morning, though I could have done with more sleep!
Was so weird in some ways. I have been to a tonne of hens nights and at one point in the evening I realized this really was MINE lol and I'm getting married. OMG. There are only 34 days now til the wedding I think and everything is falling into place which is awesome!

On the writing front I finished my Novella today. Feels good to have it out of the way thought now I am torn between two things - edit the nano i'm planning to submit, or finish the WIP. The original plan was to push on with the WIP and leave the rewriting/editing til after the wedding, but several people have suggested I hold off on the WIP for now and get on with the editing/rewriting thing because thats what I am going to be submitting and the sooner it's out there the better. Which is true.
We'll see how I feel in the morning. It's all printed out and read for reading/note taking, so thats something. Not entirely sure how to go about it, but I guess I will learn as I go along.
Got some awesome feedback from my brother regarding my SoCNoC novel, he thinks it's awesome and is pushing for me to complete the WIP seeing as that means he'll get to find out what happens next sooner rather than later... Have no doubt I will get my sister in laws thoughts on it soon and then she will probably pass it along to her mother, and then my mother might get it. Lots of comments and things to think about! I think it will have gone through between 8-10 people before I get a chance to go back and do the work on it that needs doing. My brother suggested tho, writing the entire story first and then reworking it so everything ties in, a good thought i feel.
Feeling really weird about the novella, lol I think I'll leave it awhile before I even look at it again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This month is going to fly by, you wait and see. Is a hens night the equivalent to a bachelorette [excuse my misspelling of the word]party here in the states?

I'm just starting the re-writes-or at least trying to-on the Nano novel. I am reading an on-line workshop at the same time and using some of the things I learn there while editing to see if the story stands up on its own. So far it isn't... :(

J.C. Hart said...

Good luck on the rewrites! If you find any useful info feel free to pass it on lol.
And yes, Hens night = Bachelorette party. I wonder if the types of things done in NZ and the US are different or the same? hmm

Anonymous said...

Well we can always compare notes. I did get married State-side after all. :)

And of course I will pass anything I learn along!