Thursday, January 24, 2008

Thursday

Ya know, I was sure I posted last night.... but apparently I didn't, I just thought about it.
I managed to get through three chapters of editing yesterday, albeit one chapter was very small, and another didn't need a lot of work done to it. I have no idea if I am doing it write, but I definitely feel like the story is getting better as I go.
I was hoping to get through another one today, and then another couple tomorrow but I am so tired - so I just don't know. I should probably have a coffee.
I've been gluing beads onto wires, making ends, it's slow work, and sticky... but they look good. Wine glass ring tag things... you know what I'm talking about I'm sure. Instead of name cards where people are going to sit there will be name tags on wine rings. 10 down.... just under 70 to go...
I looked up at the calendar before and realized that tomorrow, it's only 3 weeks til the fiasco begins. Friday we'll be setting up the reception venue and finalizing things, getting nails done, getting bags ready and hopefully not freaking out too much about everything.
It made me freak out when i realized it was only three weeks though. O M G. As well prepared and organized as I am, I can try and calm myself down by reminding me that I have pretty much everything covered, there is a list of things still to be done but thats ok, it's a list of things that couldn't, shouldn't, no not have to be done/looked at/finalized more than a couple of weeks out anyways... so yeah. We'll be good, it will be great, any minute now Cassie, you can stop freaking out...
I think I'm going to go and make that coffee.

Oh, I read the Novella last night, and I enjoyed it!!! So nice to feel that way about something, even so soon after writing it. I think novella's are good in some ways, you don't really have time to get bored of them or sick of them before they are done, so there is less angst involved in rereading it. Less time to forget what happened at the start, so it's a bit smoother in general. I think I will write more. When I have ideas that fit that length. There appears to be places that buy novellas (SF/F/Horror ones anyways), even if its not for much.

Ok, Coffee.

No comments: