Thursday, April 03, 2008

awesomeness

Today a couple of things have happened which are pretty cool. a) the woman who I got my dress from on trademe asked for permission to use some pics from my wedding of the dress on the new website they are making. So funny, lol but so cool! I of course said yes, being the obliging person I am (and thinking that it would be pretty cool anyways...)
Secondly, my florist called to ask if she could use one of the photos I emailed her from the wedding on postcards which she will have on her stand to give out to people at the wedding expo this year. What is MOST cool about this is that the photos were ones that my friend Tamara took, so I got to text her and tell her the great news. She seemed pretty thrilled that her photo is going to be printed and visible and taken home by people. I think it's so great, and hope that the cards mention she is the photographer - I think she's brilliant and I want everyone else to know it too lol.
Both the dress and the flowers were fantastic, but it's nice to know that other people consider them wonderful enough to display as advertising for their businesses and it's just extra super that in the process a lovely friend gets more of her work out in the world which will no doubt bring her further opportunities. I know that both parties were the ones who made the items in question, but the fact that they picked my stuff out of who knows how many others is just plain awesome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's really cool!

And thank you for your comments over at room7609!