Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Script

Is not going as planned. Which is not to say that I'm making no progress, rather that progress is slow and I know I'm dragging my feet. I've come to realize that it's not going to be 100 pages long by any means, which is annoying because I simply don't have the energy right now to come up with something new to write about - nor do I have the time, enthusiasm or willpower.
So I'm going to finish this script, despite the increasing evidence that it's not that well suited to a movie. Well, not a movie anyone but me would want to watch anyways. I have to accept that I have strange tastes - maybe I should just be running with that thought. To hell what anyone else thinks, I should write it for me and me alone?
I should be thinking like that, from tomorrow, I will. Tonight is for sleeping though, mmm sleeping. I think it's been a week since I have needed to have an afternoon nap which is evidence that I'm slowing regaining some energy. Along with that I'm getting back some inspiration and motivation, just not for the script.
I have some things I want to edit, many words I want to write, new story ideas cropping up. It's nice to be excited again, to be dreaming my stories and thinking about them in the back of my mind again. I love it.

1 comment:

Kerryn Angell said...

Yay for inspiration! Bummer about the script. I know almost nothing about script writing so I don't think I have any expectation about what it should be like. Then again, as you say, a story should only be what you envision it to be. The unique thing you bring to a story is how you write it.

I think if you finish a script then you've achieved the point of script frenzy even if you don't reach the 100 pages.