Saturday, April 05, 2008

Yesterday

Well, I didn't get a lot done yesterday - had been hoping for one of those super productive days but that was hijacked pretty early on. I spent half the day feeling miserable, and the other half sleeping!
So, now I need to attempt to play catch up on the script writing this weekend, and I have no idea how that is going to go. It's a completely different beast than novelling, it takes very little to fill a page and thats a good thing, because once you actually sit down and start you can get through a few pages pretty quickly. Totally works for me anyways, it's just a matter of actually sitting down and beginning, always the hard part.
I found the cheapest possible retail therapy yesterday. Well, more like I remembered it.
I really wanted to buy something - and there are a multitude of things that I could buy, but I have zero income of my own and never feel good about spending our families money on stuff which doesn't benefit anyone but me. Sometimes you just want to spend money tho, to own some things.
I've been using the library liberally lately, but I love to own books - so I went to the library and browsed through their selection of castoffs, they have some really good books in there (none of which I actually purchased....). I went for the more obscure, a book on the life and myth of Nostradamus, a book on the last of Britain's witches, one about the nature of evil in mankind, and a couple of fiction books by authors I don't know but looked interesting: Claudia, daughter of Rome; and The Wishing Game. These are all big books, hard covers other than one - and all for $2!!!! should keep me busy for awhile, and in future I'll have to remember to check out what they have there. I like some of the random things that libraries decide to discontinue using, and you just never know what you might find.

2 comments:

Kerryn Angell said...

What a bargain! All those non-fic books sound good too. :)

Marie said...

Wow, your library is awesome to sell off old books like that! Our one down here has an annual sale, but it's only ever manky old books and magazines that I ouldn't be able to read without a facemask. Regent Book Sale's good, though.

Those non-fiction books sound great, I hope you get many obscure knowledges from them ^_^