Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Hello April

Did you know that my mothers given name was April? She's not been known by this for years, I hadn't even thought about that until now. It's her birthday today, I should really give her a call later.

So the scan went well! Baby is all good, 1.7cms long, right where it should be, with a nice strong heart beat.
It has a beating heart, I could see it. I can't even begin to put into words how that felt, such a profound surreal thing.
So it's all good on that front.

I haven't started writing my script yet. I fully intend to! I will! But maybe not today. Every time I lie down I think about all the things I want to write. Every time I get out of bed, I feel tired and exhausted and want to go back to bed lol, vicious annoying cycle that is.
I scribbled down a beginning for a new story - not entirely sure whether it will be novella or novel length. I had been lying in bed thinking about what made the novella I wrote in January so much fun and had this new idea, which kind of stemmed from the last novella, but isn't the same. I could make it a sequel, hell I might even at this point I'm not sure. Will need some more thinking about it, but at least I am excited about something right. Something to do with writing.

The whole editing thing got me down, I know that. I wasn't having fun, I killed my buzz. I'll confess that it was hard work, not initially but once I realized everything that needed to be done it seemed like hard work and I had no energy. I mean I still have very little energy but I am beginning to feel a little more alive. I know it wasn't just about the novel, it was early pregnancy, lol at least I have that. The first pass at editing was actually fun, and relatively easy, it was the more in depth stuff that I just didn't have the focus for - I am pretty sure that after April, either in May or June I will get back into it and get it done, I want that thing out in the world looking for a home well before the end of the year.

So this is me. Back with a little more focus, a little more hope, a little more energy and some drive.

2 comments:

Kerryn Angell said...

Great to have you back! Even going through something like you did in March you learn more yourself and about how you write/edit. Good on ya for charging on.

Anonymous said...

I so empathize with you... :)