Saturday, March 29, 2008

Script Frenzy

It just kind of hit me that the start of April is just days away now. And I haven't lifted my pen to outline my script or anything - strangely, when writing a script I DO outline, where as I don't really (not beyond the first half of the book anyways) while I am writing a novel.
I'm not sure why this is. It's something I'm definitely going to have to think about during the next week or so.
My idea is old, so old, and... whats the best word to describe it? Designed to make the viewer feel uncomfortable. Written so that you are not entirely sure whether the main character is a good guy or a bad guy, or just you know, an every day guy, the kind of guy you might be sitting next to in the movie theatre.
I'm looking forward to finally seeing it come to fruition.
While cleaning out the cupboards in this room yesterday I came across my folder from my script writing paper, and the last script I wrote, all of which is now sitting on my desk waiting for me to go through again and get my head into the script writing zone.
I'm very aware of the fact that I failed nanoedmo this month. I don't want to fail another challenge. And I know I'm tired, and growing a baby, and feeling sick and all that jazz but sometimes that just doesn't seem like enough reason to fail. So I'm going to do better in April.

But for now, a coffee, or maybe a nap. (wow, I've only been up for two hours and I'm already thinking about a nap...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For me outlining a script is a lot easier than for a novel. I tend to bullet point script outlines just to remind me of what I want to happen because the majority of is dialog.