Wednesday, March 05, 2008

arg

Stupid Word...I can't seem to make it stick to an NZ dictionary for spell checking and whatnot. It's driving me nuts - specially because I keep missing the fact that it keeps flicking back to US dictionary because I am so used to reading US text books.
Does it matter a lot? If you are submitting globally, probably not. If you are submitting within NZ then it may do. We're not a big country, but we are a fairly proud one right, you'd think the least we could do is spell correctly for our own country.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there really much of a difference in dictionaries?

Kerryn Angell said...

I *hate* this. You need to make sure you not only change the dictionary to NZ but that you set it as the default for MS Word. And still it may take a while to stick because MS Word *is* stupid.

Marie said...

Oooh, MS Word is evil when it comes to language. I usually resort to bad language and flailing of fists; I hope you can come up with a better solution.

And for what it's worth, I'd be muchly disappointed to receive a submission from a fellow New Zealander that used - gaspeth! - US English.