Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Seriously, where is the month going?

We are almost halfway in - now that freaks me out. How did this happen?
So, every other day I say to myself "yeah, I am going to get WAY into my editing tomorrow" and it never really seems to eventuate. Today, I am though. I have every intention of it. I am full to brimming of good intentions.
In fact, after I post this I am turning on the laptop and writing.
I've been getting bits of editing done here and there, I worked on a short story instead of the novel the other day, which I think helped me get back into the mindset of it. I can do this, I will do this.
What motivates me more is that a friend has had his full manuscript requested - now, he's not getting too excited about this but I am. It shows that people can get this requested, sure I know, it's not been accepted or anything yet, but hey, in a world where you are always being told that you'll never make it, that there is so little hope, when you know someone who has had a full requested it shows that there IS hope. I mean sure, it means that there is one less slot for you to fill.... lol not really, we don't write the same kinds of things anyways ;-)
Ok, off to write/edit. I can do this.

No comments: