Monday, March 17, 2008

And the big news is...

I'm pregnant.

Ta da! Just like that.

So I have known for a couple weeks now, but didn't want to mention it until I thought that everything was okay - initially my Dr. freaked me out by saying that she thought it was abnormal, but its worked out that things are normal and I'm just not as far along in the pregnancy as she thought I was. Which is good. I was stressing out for a good solid week before she called me to say that she thought everything was normal and on track.

And now I am waiting for an ultrasound, it would put all my worries to rest and give us a date to go on. As it is I really have no idea when I got pregnant, but going from my hormone levels at my last blood test I'm around 7 weeks now.

I have been waiting two weeks for an appointment card, and nothing. So I rang this morning and I'm not even on their list/in their system. So I had to call the Dr's and get them to send another request through, which means more waiting - the ultrasound place couldn't even give me a rough estimate to go on for how long I can expect to wait for one. It's all a little frustrating.
I have never been good at patience. Never. Waiting = bad. I just want to know that everything is okay.

On the other side of things we are totally thrilled to be pregnant. It's probably happened while I was on the pill (don't freak out anyone who uses it!! I've managed like ten years without any accidents lol this is the first), and before the wedding, all of which is totally fine by me.
I don't care that people are going to count back and realize that I was knocked up before getting married, I'm having a baby! And that is super cool. I've been waiting for this for years now, and finally, it's happened and so quickly and easily and it's just really wonderful.

I knew it was going to be a big year, and my goodness it really is :-)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That is thrilling news!

J.C. Hart said...

Hehe thank you :-) yes it is!! Finding it pretty hard to focus on everything else to be honest, that and I am just so tired all the time! lol Very very happy :-)

Andrew Chilton said...

Congratulations! That's awesome news. Good luck and I hope everything goes well.

Teacake said...

Congratulations! To you and your whole family. Best wishes for all of you and take care of yourself!

Kerryn Angell said...

Congratulations!! Our very first Kiwi Writers baby! :)

J.C. Hart said...

haha thats so true! That makes it even MORE exciting you know? hehe

Marie said...

Oh my gosh, congratulations!