Friday, March 14, 2008

OK. I'm IN.

I just got email from the nanowrimo team, about ScriptFrenzy - and I am in. For some reason I thought it was a word count total that you had to get to, but no, it's merely a page total, 100 pages to be more precise. I remember writing my script for my script writing paper and I think it had to be 60 pages, and it took me like 3 days. So I can totally find time to write 100 pages during April, even though I will undoubtedly be juggling editing still during that month.
I've had this idea burning away inside me for years now. YEARS. And the only reason I didn't write it for my class was because I really thought the idea was just going to be too out there to get a good grade - (as it was I wrote about succubi anyways, which is really I guess, not that common either...).

Anyways. I'm making a commitment to sign up and get this script out of my head and onto the page.

I DID my 10K for the fantasy challenge, I'm working on my 50 hours for editing - I will get there, trust me. Yeah I know, I'm only 10.5 hours in and half the month is gone, but I can do this. I refuse to break it down into how many hours a day from here on in I need to do because that will make it seem harder....

Having something else to be excited about the month after this will help me get more stuck in. I don't need to think of a script idea as I have it, I don't need to research formatting because I know that - and in reality you don't actually have a hell of a lot on each page if you're formatting a script the way it should be, nothing like writing 100 pages of novel.

And with that, back to the editing before my first visitor of the day arrives!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the good thing is is that if you signed up for nanowrimo, you can use the same information on scriptfrenzy.

Kerryn Angell said...

You reminded me about this. I started a script for a writing assignment years ago and didn't do anything with it. Tempted, I am.