Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Wednesday

I did in fact get some writing done on Monday, however paltry, and I did get through and email off those two reviews for friends. It's so nice to have them out of the way. Yesterday I spent most of the day feeling sick, and then cleaning frantically when I felt well enough to do it. The house is in a bit of a state - with Simon down with a flu/cold/something, and Ivy too young to really get into cleaning and me feeling all morning sicknessy for most of the day not a lot was getting done at all. So now the washing is caught up, the floor is vacuumed, the kitchen is clean and it feels really good!!!
It makes me look forward to moving even more, to having less junk and clutter in our lives. It fills me once again with the strength to rid ourselves of the excess that fills up every corner of the house. It also makes me wonder how the move is going to go.... I realized yesterday that by the time I de-junk this house there will be so much space in the place it will feel like we are swimming in it. And then we are going to go and move it all into a smaller house where it'll probably feel like there just isn't enough room. Well who knows, hopefully it won't feel that way.
I have an unpleasant task to carry out today - I'll update again later after it's done. I'm dreading it with about 50% of my mind, the other 50%, along with my soul and body are rejoicing that it will be done. I always feel out of sorts when I know I have to do something and I know that it's going to be unpleasant, I'll feel better when it's over with, even if the fall out is going to effect us for weeks to come.
Off to make coffee, little one woke me at 530am this morning, scraping her nails along her bedroom wall. The noise drives me mad, it's all I can focus on. Shortly after she called out cause she needed to go to the toilet and refused to go back to sleep. I made her stay in her room until it was time to get up, but I had to go back in twice to get her to keep the noise down so that her father could sleep. I hate it most because I have a really hard time getting back to sleep. If I am out of bed for more than 3 minutes or so I just can't seem to do it. On the bright side, this means she'll be having a nap today for the first time this week!! lol

No comments: