Tuesday, September 25, 2007

one week, too short.

So, I realised this morning that I really only have a week to complete 2.5 assignments. Two of which are about 4000 words, and the other which needs another 1.5k. That's a lot of words, on assignments, in such a short space of time.
I'm not sure I am up to the challenge. I know I can do it, I'm just worried about the quality.
I have had all my research done for ages, it's simply a matter of putting fingers to keyboard and trying to make sense of all the information floating around inside my head. I've never written a 'critical' essay for a psychology paper, so I am a little worried about that. And I have never written a literature review either, more reasons for worry.
But I can't let that worry grow and overwhelm me, and by the gods it's threatening to. One word at a time right? Start somewhere, make it happen, break it down into sections, allocate a certain number of words per section.... I know all the methods for making it seem like a less daunting task, but at the back of my mind I still know that there is a lot to be done, and not that much time to do it in.

1 comment:

Kerryn Angell said...

You can do it and you basically said you know you will. Take it a little bit at a time and try to work in review time. Say complete it one day, let it rest the next and then review on the third? Knowing that it's the 'first draft' helps, I think.