Friday, September 28, 2007

yay friday!

You know, the weekends DO actually mean something when your significant other doesn't work them, unfortunately/fortunately this means that I can spend heaps of time assignment writing this weekend, interspersed with family oriented fun.
I finished one assignment on.... Wednesday night. About 8pm, it definitely felt good. I spent all of yesterday reading the research required for writing the final of these three assignments and wrote the introduction to it last night. So thats where I stand, my two 4000 word assignments have beginnings, but not much more just yet.
Fridays little one spends at daycare though, so it means I will have the whole day to get into these assignments, and attempt to be as undistractable as possible. I need to have.... well, I'm going to set my goal at 1000 words on my Abnormal and Therapeutic Psych piece, and to add 1000 words to my Assessment of Individual Differences piece. This will leave me with.... 2500 left to write for Assessment.... and 3000 words left to write for Abnormal, and all of the weekend in which to do it.
I am most interested in the Abnormal one, so it would be really easy to just get totally stuck into that and finish it off. Unfortunately the other one is due in before abnormal, which means I have to make sure its finished by Monday for posting, to ensure that it makes it into Massey for it's Wednesday due date - sometimes being an extramural sucks lol.

On a much more happy note though, I am ordering my wedding dress today :-) It is terribly exciting, really it is. It should arrive after exams, and that will be perfect timing really as long as it doesn't serve to derail my nano writing.

Which brings me to the other piece of happy. Yay for member challenges!!! I signed up for this one , and it has gotten me really even more amped about finishing these assignments, because that means I can do some writing!!!! I am so looking forward to getting back into the world I began during SoCNoC and writing the second book (which is really the second half of the first book, but they are quite separate in ways). There are a few things which I know I am going to write about during this challenge, back story, history, important stuff which is going to be incredibly relevant to the second book, so exciting.

Now I just need to finish these assignments....

And it's almost day light savings time as well! Which means that these 620am starts I have begun are going to be incredibly useful for next week. The weather is getting better, it's warmer (at least during the days, nights are freezing at the moment!), it's just such a good time of the year.

Ok, better start on what I should be doing, the sooner they are done, the sooner I can write!!!

1 comment:

Kerryn Angell said...

Ooh! What does your dress look like?? That's so exciting.