Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Roll on Summer

I'm beginning to feel like it's coming, which is so nice, I had no idea I would feel this way about its approach. Perhaps it's because I know now I won't have to spend all my time looking for a part time job that will fit in with everyone else, I can just enjoy things as they come.
I'm so looking forward to a multitude of BBQ's on the deck, a cold beer in the afternoon, hours spent at the beach, many swimming trips, trying to teach Ivy how to make daisy chains on the lawn, showing her the joys of kite flying. I mean, this is going to be one amazing summer, I can just feel it.

2 comments:

Kerryn Angell said...

Oh my gosh! I can't wait for summer and it's definately in the air. The sun shines so much brighter and warmer. The icy southerly winds are dying down in Wellington (knock on wood). I can't wait to enjoy the outside of our house and have BBQs of our own.

Andrew Chilton said...

Haha, daisy chains. I haven't thought about those in a long time.

One thing I miss from childhood though is conker fights. Shame there are hardly any horse-chestnut trees here in New Zealand (though that's an Autumn thing).