Friday, August 31, 2007

gah!

I want to write, I just want to write, that's all I can think about at the moment.
I just loaded the stories I have into some storage space, and they don't really make up that great a body of work, but I do like what I have there. I know there are things missing, it's just a matter of locating them and then storing them in a safe space I think. I don't even want to imagine all the things I have lost over the years.... none of it really matters though. The good ideas I had in the past will come back as better ideas and better stories, my last novel-in-a-month is evidence of that.
I'm going to the library this afternoon to get a stack of books to read, which, I shouldn't be doing, but I want to read and learn more about writing through reading other peoples stuff, I just want to be progressing in some way shape or form.
I'm really excited about it at the moment, right when I should be writing an assignment, one that I haven't thought nearly hard enough about to actually write, but its due in 5 days, it has to be done!
but I just want to write... I found this assignment I wrote last year, it was for my speech paper and its about 15minutes worth of a speech addressed to young adults to try and convince them to sign up with this company who are colonizing a new planet (the assignment topic was to write a speech which tried to encourage action or something, addressing a problem that humans may face in 20 years or so), there is so much in there! I wrote lots about the planet, I did world building, I wrote sci-fi, without even knowing that was what I was doing!
I almost feel bad now, because i tried writing cyber punk for my zing thing challenge the other month, thinking that I hadn't done anything sci-fi before... But i didn't know... and it was fictional but not meant to be fiction. Regardless I think it had potential for a story, and that excites me.
I found another short story which I am going to polish and submit somewhere, I've been challenged to do it by Friday next week, I accepted the challenge.
I have all these plans for all these stories... and I have to write an essay.

Well, I am going to go and read over the articles, and write an outline and see what I can do from there....

Someone said I should try and finish Dream Dark, Dream Deadly today and I really wish I could, I want to, I'm motivated.
I need to write this essay though.
Life's a bitch sometimes.

No comments: