Thursday, August 09, 2007

motivation

Can be such a fleeting thing. Seriously. This morning I felt great, I was going to do so much. And now... I started feeling dizzy again, and it's not helping me want to do stuff.
Apparently the effects of a concussion can last a few days, so.... tomorrow I should be set, but I at least want to make a start on writing 'Dream Dark, Dream Deadly.' I was thinking about it yesterday, and I think I know where to take it now, how to get back into the writing of it.
I left off at a really bad place, usually I would say that it was a great place to leave off (the beginning of a scene filled with action) but the fact that I left it for more than a year makes it not such a good one. If I had come back to it the next day it would have been fine, but no... life gets in the way sometimes.
However, I can't let that stall me for any longer, sometimes the best (the only) thing to do is just keep writing. Write past the block, write complete crap if thats what it takes, but just keep writing and make your way through it - it's easy enough to go back and make it better later on.
And with that. I'll sign off, and write. Procrastinate no more.

1 comment:

Andrew Chilton said...

Yeah go Cassie - get on with that writing (but don't overdo it if you've still got concussion)!