Monday, August 06, 2007

suprising things

Well, it's been an interesting weekend. Certainly.
On friday I found out that carrying on my studies to become a registered psychologist was no longer an option (they changed they requirements and I hadn't realized, and I can't move my family in order to fill them). I was pretty gutted. I'd finally decided what I wanted to do, only to find that after all that, I couldn't.
But that's ok. I'm quite happy with it now! I feel less stressed, more alive, less confined. It's funny how sometimes even the boxes you build for yourself can feel like prisons, even when you're not entirely aware of that.
I looked at a bunch of other stuff to study, seeing as I am almost afraid of not being a student, I've been one for the best part of my life - even when I was working full time I was generally studying something.
I'm not going to study though, at least, I'm not planning to. I'll have finished my Bachelor of Arts, and that has been a goal for a long time so I might just enjoy having finished that.
I am going to work part time, though I have no idea what as (which is fantastic!), I'm going to finish organizing the wedding, I'm going to start trying to get pregnant, and I am going to write, a lot. 2008 is going to be a big year for me, a very different year, and I just can't wait for it to arrive.
I'm looking forward to not having study stress pressing in on me, and I'm looking forward to finding out what it's like not to be a student, just to be a person. I'm actually even looking forward to working, and I am so excited by the possibilities that my writing has. Next year I am going to work on my novels, edit them, polish them, and I am going to submit them. I'm going to develop my skills even more, and probably dedicate more of my time to the kiwiwriter's challenges that there will no doubt be endless of.
Man I can't wait!
The upshot of knowing that there is an end in sight to my studies is that I'm actually enjoying studying more. Making the most of it maybe. The rest of this year is going to fly by, and there is just so much to do. For once that doesn't freak me out, I feel totally up to the challenges that lie ahead.

No comments: