Saturday, November 03, 2007

2 down 3 to go!

And I even managed to start my nano last night.
Man. I feel SO much better after getting yesterdays exam out of the way. It wasn't easy, but I did it and I might even pass woohoo. I'm definitely satisfied that I did the best I could, that I put in a huge amount of effort in preparing for it and I couldn't have done a better job than I did - so even if I fail, I know I did the best I can, and thats an important thing.
It's a busy weekend this one, with 3 'functions' of sort across the two days - which doesn't really leave a lot of time for writing, or for study. So I have pretty much set my goal at reaching 2,000 words on my nano by the end of the weekend, which should have me feeling more in touch with the story again and have me back on track. At the moment it's a lot of waffling (which is a terrible thing to say seeing as it's less than 800 words at the moment) but I feel like it's mostly bits I will cut out anyways, but bits that are important for me so that I know where I'm going and I know I am on track - kind of like that those particular words are ones which really belong in the first book built solidly into the story line, shown not told, but haven't been so this is where they are going to live for now. Post it notes written into my story lol.
Anyways, by the time I logged off for the night I felt like I was beginning to get back into it, but realized that there was a lot of stuff that needs expanding on in the first book. I am writing the second as if I have already edited the first, which will make it a bit odd for those who will read both before either has had an edit but oh well!!! It's a process, and one which I am just going to run with for now.
I'm not getting excited about it just yet - it's too early to. I can't afford to until after my fourth exam, and even then I have to keep it in check so that I really get to work on finishing the course material for my 5th and final exam. I'm a month behind, mostly because I had assignments due every other day for the last official bit of the course and then I had to start organising for exams - I seriously don't recommend that ANYONE takes 5 papers in a semester, it's insane, you just don't want to do it, trust me.
Ok, I should go and start the day properly. Set up my exam prep for the day, wake my child, feed every creature in the house, begin.
Best of luck for everyones writing over the weekend!

1 comment:

Teacake said...

Hey there - totally stalking you on your blog which I got from your NaNo profile, but just wanted to wish you luck on your exams!!!