Monday, November 12, 2007

finality

It's weird ya know. I mean, I have my last exam this morning, possibly really truly my LAST exam that will have anything at all to do with this particular degree. I hesitate to say my last ever because I know myself and am sure that at some point I'll continue to study and so therefore there will be other exams. But providing I pass all the ones I have already done this last week, and the one I am going to sit in a couple hours, I'm done. Degree complete.
How weird is that?? You work at something for so long (and I mean SO long considering the 1st eight papers were part time over several years, the second two full time, so maybe 5 years total?) and then all of a sudden you have reached the end.
Do I feel smarter? Do I feel like I have knowledge I could apply? Some of the time I don't think so, but then someone will come to me with a problem and I'll just say things, and they walk away feeling better for it, more able to deal with their situations with some good goals in place and having their load a little lighter. Which is really nice, but I think I used to do that before, I am pretty sure that was part of why I went down the psychology path - I guess more than anything it gives people better peace of mind knowing that I 'almost' have a degree in psychology?
Ah well, either way, hopefully after this morning my degree will be finished, though I won't know for sure until sometime in December. I'm not ready for this exam, but I don't know how to be ready for it, so we'll just have to hope that I know enough. I am not placing any bets on passing them all, I think there are one or two that could be a little touch and go, but then I always think that and we should know by now that its best just to NOT think until you have the results right there in front of you. At least this years hard work will be over with and I can kick back and get into my Nano once and for all.
Oh and my wedding dress arrived over the weekend, it's beautiful! needs a little adjustment, but it really is lovely. Very happy with it, and would have no qualms about ordering anything through them, not that I should need to. Always a little risk involved in ordering a dress through a trademe store, but their goods are pretty awesome so it's fine by me.

I should get back to studying... this exam is not going to get a pass by itself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck today.

Teacake said...

If I haven't already missed it, good luck!! And congratulations!!!!!!