Tuesday, November 13, 2007

endings and beginnings

So. Exams over. Degree potentially finished. Yay, right? You'd think so, but it just kind of feels a bit weird. I don't want to go jumping over any moons until I know my results, but at the same time it's amazing that I managed to survive this hellish semester. If in the event I do fail an exam I can take one leisurely paper next semester and all will be well.
On the other hand, I am meant to be launching myself into NaNo, and I am finding that quite hard at the moment. I really do want to write this story, I want to know what happens, I love my characters, and am excited by it. But I'm feeling flat as well, and like I have earned some kind of break, time off, a rest, and it means I am finding it quite hard to get full on into my writing - which is what I really need to do at this point if there is to be any hope of me crossing that 50K line by the time the end of November rolls around.
So, without further procrastinating, I shall go forth and write some utter crap in order to boost that flailing word count... wish me well.

3 comments:

Kerryn Angell said...

Congrats on finishing your exams. You might want to try writing in 500 word blocks and then rewarding yourself with something relaxing. This way you might get the best of both worlds. :)

Andrew Chilton said...

Yes, very well done! It's amazing that you've been studying for so long and being a full-time Mum too.

I was going to suggest just writing a few hundred words but Kerryn beat me. Or just chill-out tonight, maybe tomorrow - you deserve it - and you'll be refreshed after that.

I'm sure you can still beat me to the NaNo finish line anyway :-)

Teacake said...

Congratulations!!!

And of course, you *have* earned a break and a reward. It's up to you whether you take one (I hope you do at least get the reward). But either way, if you're excited about the story, you will write it, whether it's November or not. Good luck!! I'll be keeping my eye on your word count.