Wednesday, November 21, 2007

it's wednesday right?

I keep losing days, its not much fun. Recently it's been to illness, and before that to beautiful weather - i mean, we are still having beautiful weather I have just managed to found enough restraint not to lose days to it.
The writing isn't going that well - numbers ways anyway. In all other aspects its going fantastically. I find I am still excited about my story, having just discovered how to push forward from where I am. I am about to unleash several new characters into the novel, and that is exciting stuff!! two in particular I am really thrilled about, they may be a bit cliche but they are going to be a lot of fun to write, and will likely cause quite a lot of havoc for my main players - everyone has their place though right, and there is certainly a place for these folk. It's really nice that several individuals from book one are returning this time around when I thought that they would not. There is one big issue that i really need to resolve soon, but that will come up, i just have to be patient and not feel guilty about having avoided it until now....
I managed to get to 17K today which I am happy with. My wrist is aching so I don't think I am going to push it too hard tonight, and hope that in the morning it feels less achey. I bet worries about carpal tunnel used to plague writers, but these days you can have operations, or use voice software I guess. Not that I am saying that I do have that, its just something I worry about with this ache. It hasn't really settled down since I sat all my exams and had to hand write a million essays, and doing all the bead work on some jewelry recently has certainly not helped the situation.
That said, I should stop typing and sleep.... I am sure that will do my wrist, and my brain some good. I hope I dream of my characters and my novel, that would be awesome.

1 comment:

Andrew Chilton said...

Yep, I can confirm it is Wednesday :-)

Good on you for getting to 17k. It's funny, I'm the same as you, a fair bit behind but still loving my story.

I had a bit of an achy wrist from yesterday so I decided not to write anything today. It's better to be safe than sorry eh!