Thursday, June 12, 2008

Day 11: Not quite there

When I set out upon the days writing I didn't have any goal in mind - I find this particularly dangerous when challenge writing. If you don't have a goal, you're not really aiming for anything in particular.
I could have made one, but I didn't, and by the time I was telling myself I could easily swoop through to 30K, it was too late and I didn't end up getting there. Just over 1k shy of reaching that, but at least I know what my goal is today!
The awesome news from yesterday is that KiwiWriters reached it's first collective million words written for a challenge, and THAT my friends, is really incredibly exciting!
The other fantastic thing is that Sailor Chibi sailed across the finish line, the first one to go over this year, and on her day 10. Very impressive. I know she had a lot more writing to do this month so am looking forward to seeing just how high that word count climbs.

Today I am going to hit 30K. It's a small goal, but hey, I had to start somewhere. I often find that I set myself a goal, and then surpass it anyways, so we can hope it works like that today. I do have a couple other things to do as well though, such as finish my first assignment submission for the business course and email it in (have been quite slack there), and visit my sister-in-law and nephew out at their new place. My brother is working away for three days, starting yesterday so I suggested we come out and keep them company for a little bit today, it'll be nice for Ivy to see some farm living I think, and it'll be cool to catch up with them again as we haven't seen them since we all moved house.

2 comments:

Determinist said...

Cool. I didn't know that you had a blog. I'm monitoring for mentions of "kiwiwriters" using google alerts and found this by accident.

Great job with the writing - 30k is massive this time of the month. I will probably hit 20k or maybe 21k tonight.

Talk later

Travis

J.C. Hart said...

Thanks Travis :-) Hope you get your count to your goal for the night!