Friday, June 13, 2008

Day 13: 35K

Well, I managed it! I didn't think I was going to, but I managed to get to 35K. I did just one word war today around with Leisha, so I'm actually impressed with myself that I managed to slowly write the other 1.5kish that I needed to get me over the line. 70% sounds good, it feels good. And if I can get to 40K at some point over the weekend I'll be even happier.
So that then, is the new goal. Reach 40K by the end of the weekend.
I even managed to get through most of my list from yesterday of things to include, though there needs to be more talk of the birthday party - right now all Roma can think about is the information she has JUST gotten her hands on about her biological mother. I'm going to leave it where it is for the night and think about the different kinds of things she might learn from old newspaper print offs and other archived materials which Ryan might have been able to find. The possibilities are limitless really.
So that's me for the night. Fingers crossed I get to sleep a little better tonight. I'll be downing some more lemsip Max before heading to bed, I hope it helps!

4 comments:

Kerryn Angell said...

Congratulations! In the last two day I've written 234 words. I'm hoping to make up for it tomorrow.

I want to get to 25K by the end of the weekend. lol.

Marie said...

70%, another nice round number! You're doing amazingly well to have to this far already, keep up the good work!

J.C. Hart said...

Thanks guys!
Kerryn I am sure you'll manage to get there despite your cold :-)

mousewords said...

Awesome! Plus I love hearing your thinking process. :-)

Not only do I have this cold, too, but the last couple days I've also been struggling with less-than-300 days. We must just need a second wind...and more chocolate. ;-)

Here's to reaching our goals by the end of the 15th!