Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Day 23: 1k

I got back into writing again today after a break over the weekend, and while it wasn't a massive word count day it did help me to get back into the story - and have some realizations.
Which suck, cause I am already seeing things that need editing/changing/fixing and I have to just ignore that and finish the novel.
At some point my MC's best friend just kind of dropped off the face of the planet lol, I got wrapped up in the other things going on (you know: young love, family secrets) and neglected the friend big time - in much the way that my MC was doing, the friend I know though wouldn't let that happen, she'd have something to say about it so... that'll all have to come into it at some point in the story, and in the meantime i have to try and include her in the conclusion of the story. I don't even know how I am going to include the other characters that are not the MC, her mother and her father, hopefully a good way shows itself to me shortly.
I also realized I need to get working a bit harder on all of this if I want it done by 1pm on friday, because there is very little chance I'll feel like writing once I've seen baby again.

In other news: well, I really didn't do a lot yesterday lol, I managed to get some more work done on my next business module and am hoping to email that off on Wednesday, I need to put some hours into it today. I had a fantastic talk with Chibi on the kiwiwriters chatroom, that girl is wise beyond her years and it was just so energizing to have that particular talk with her, lol it's always so nice when you can walk away from a conversation and know that everything is going as it should be, that the world is a beautiful place, and that there are others out there somewhere that share your view/belief on some things.
Oh, and Hubby has kindly agreed to Kerryn and Mark staying here when they come up at the start of August!! So very exciting!!! There is a lot going on in the near future and it's nice to know there is stuff happening.

So today, where does that leave us: husband doesn't for work til 145pm this avo, child is home all day, it's wet, cold, and pretty miserable weather and I'm feeling very low on energy.
I do need to write another K or so today though, and work through some more sections of the module. The house was cleaned all over yesterday so I just need to do the dishes today to keep things ticking along.
Plus I better come up with an interesting thing to do with Ivy otherwise we're going to end up driving each other crazy lol.

No comments: