Friday, June 06, 2008

Day 5: 14k and rising.

It's still going incredibly well, despite some procrastination from me yesterday. I spent most of the morning avoiding writing and when I did get into some word wars I could have easily left it at 12k, but then I stuck around in the chat room and ended up doing more and inevitably that count climbed to 14K where I called it quit for the night and head to bed around 10pm. Much earlier than the night before! lol but I still feel tired this morning.

Have to finish off as much of the last cleaning at the old house today as I can - Dad's getting to work there tomorrow so it needs doing. I'm not going to stress too much, it all seems a little pointless as he intends to paint all the walls and so I refuse to spend hours scrubbing them to perfection. Why vacuum (I've already done it by the way, its hypothetical)? he's going to be sanding walls and replacing carpet in some areas... but I know that's not the point to him, and he's still going to be unimpressed no matter how good a job I do. That's the key in these kind of situations - going in knowing you're going to 'fail' according to that particular persons standards, and then you don't have to feel like crap about yourself. Wooohoo! lol

Oh, when I went to bed last night I felt baby moving heaps... it wouldn't quit wriggling around and doing somersaults until I rolled over onto my right side where it seemed happy enough to settle down and let me go to sleep. I can only imagine that this is going to be a nightly routine now, as I have heard a lot of mothers feel heaps of moment around bed time - probably it's because there is nothing else going on to distract, no noise, no visuals, just your body and whatever is going on with it. And it's getting bigger every day, so it's all going to be getting more obvious hehe. I love it.

No comments: