Thursday, June 12, 2008

Day 12: 33K wooo

Well, I made it to 33K, which seems pretty impressive, considering I was going to be happy to settle for 30K. I think that means my total for the day was 4.5K which is not bad at all - yet still, it doesn't feel like I wrote much at all!
I sometimes wonder if my story is crawling along at snails pace.... but I know it's getting there, this is all part of the process. I have ticked off everything on the list of 'things to happen' so now I need to formulate some new 'things to happen'. Let's give it a shot now - better to set it up before tomorrow morning, maybe I'll dream about it and expand on the ideas.
Ryan will come back to Jordan with some information - there will be a bit of it, articles about the family, some interesting history wherein they leave town suddenly.
This ties in with Roma's birth way back, and this will all come together at some point.
Some planning for her birthday party.
An interesting conversation with her Aunt about contraception or preferably abstaining from sex entirely. By interesting I mean uncomfortable.
Another incident wherein she has things happen which relate to the other skeleton in her closet she still knows nothing about.
That's probably enough to keep me going for now. I really need to write out a time line though, so that I know when and where things are happening. I may just skip forward a week and have very little happen then while they wait for information from Ryan -possibly the best way to deal with the things going on!
I'm going to give the Seven Hour Challenge a go tomorrow, and see how fast I can get through it. That would take me to just over 40K and I would be VERY happy with that.
Time for sleep.

No comments: