Thursday, June 05, 2008

day four: wooo 10K!

I hit 10K today (if you didn't quite notice from the title up there), actually that was last night... let me get my head straight.
It was a pretty good day, the 3k seemed to cruise by pretty quickly and it's nice, really nice, for things to just be flowing out almost effortlessly - I really do love word wars, they are going to see me across the finish line I am sure. I'm barely writing outside of them at the moment. Which is probably not such a good habit to get into long term. I am still writing between them, but I'm spending a lot of time in the chat room throughout the day and it's really helping to keep me motivated.

I also started working on my small business ownership course yesterday, and some of the kind folk in the chat room helped bounce some ideas around for a business name and I found one! yay! We'll have to wait and see if it sticks, but I'm liking it for now and that's the main thing. The course isn't as basic as I first thought it might be, which is also really nice. I'm not just going to breeze through it like I imagined, and by the end of it I should have a really good idea of whether this idea is viable or not, and whether I want to go ahead with it, or put it to the side and wait a little while to come up with something more suited to todays market - we shall see. It's just nice to be using my brain again for something studyish, I do miss it, despite the fact that I also don't miss it, if that makes any sense.

On the baby front (because, I just can't seem to stop thinking about baby at the moment): had my midwife appointment today and baby was moving around loads when she tried to find the heart beat lol she said thats a really good sign, it's obviously happy and has loads of energy. We could hear the beat still, just not as strongly as if she'd been able to get it to stay put for a little bit. Simon was there as well and it's the first time he's heard the heart beating, it's a pretty special thing. Apparently by now it's meant to be around 12 cms long and weigh about 100grams.

3 comments:

Andrew Chilton said...

Wow, you've got so many things on at the moment. It's amazing how you do everything, very exciting stuff. I bet the baby tops it all though :-)

Kerryn Angell said...

Ooh, I want to know the name you came up with. :) I'm still a little awed that you can get ove r700 words in a 15 minute word war.

J.C. Hart said...

Andy: yes, baby tops it all, so easily lol
Kerryn: hehe I've managed to hit over 900 one time! And I shall email you the name ;-)