Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Day 2: No writing done

Yes, I know, pretty bad really - especially so early on in the month. I didn't skip on purpose, it just kind of happened.
Spent the morning cleaning our old house (Got half done, woo!) and then went to the Craft show that was on with my Mum, I really just needed to hang out with her for a bit, without the extras (you know, her hubby, my hubby, my little girl - love them all dearly, but there is something really nice about mother/daughter only time, as I think my little girl is fully aware of!). It was really nice. I got Ivy this gorgeous cushion with a unicorn on it, aww, and a drum, lol she loves both. Hubby got some amazing truffles, so they can't say that I abandoned them in vain.
Anyways, we went and got a new microwave in the afternoon, and looked at some cots and stuff, then got some groceries and by the time we got home I felt like I was going to pass out so I went and lay down for awhile. I didn't feel better when I got up. So it was dinner, bath and an early night for me. My back is killing me at the moment, I think I need to get some new exercises to make it stop behaving so badly.
I do feel better in other ways today though, less like passing out, less like a zombie, less 'ug' in general. I won't be doing any cleaning today, or walking around for hours and hours at a show, I'll be taking it very easy and seeing how I go.
That said, I told Ivy we'd go to one of those kid play places this morning (Banana's woo!) and she is very excited about that. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that there are other kids there so that she will go off and play with them while I get some writing done - hand written, weird. But still, my laptop won't last more than 20 minutes off a plug so there is no point lugging it down there. I'll just have to see how we go. I have my new pens, and my new notebook and fingers crossed it kicks me off into a nice little catch up spree.

No comments: